Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Mizzou Recruit: Q&A with Paxton de La Garza

Draft Prospect Q&A With Paxton De La Garza (mlbdraftguide.com)
I was lucky enough to get in touch with Coronado shortstop Paxton De La Garza recently. A Preseason Parade All-American, he is one of Texas’ prep prospects to keep an eye on this season.
. . .
MG: What aspects of your game do you consider your strengths?

PG: I consider the best part of my game to be in the field. I love taking ground balls and making that web gem play in front of the fans, the sound of the crowd when something like that happens is unforgetable. Over the years, I’ve also gained a ton of power and I hit for not only average but for doubles and home runs as well. I feel it is important to make everyone around me better.

. . .
MG: You committed to Missouri. What put the Tigers over the top in recruiting?

PG: Missouri was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. The way the coaches recruited me was awesome. They made me feel apart of something special and it was a great feeling to know that someone out there wanted me as bad as they did and that was what made me realize Missouri was the place for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment