Friday, January 13, 2012

Intended Strength of Schedule (again)

SEBaseball.com has posted a more mathematically precise list of Intended Strengths of Schedule for all the D-1 Baseball teams that have published their 2012 schedule.  More precise in that it's definitely more accurate than my quick attempt a couple of weeks ago here at SimmonsField.com.

My calculations put Mizzou ranking about 100th or 101st.

This new analysis has several different rankings. Mizzou ranks

  • 49th in Overall Strength of Schedule
  • 94th in Opponents' ISR (this number correlates most closely how I did my own calculations)
  • 110th in Non-Conference Strength of Schedule
At least, I think that's what it says.  For a totally inadequate and half-assed explanation of what all the columns and numbers mean, check out this discussion on the orphaned Rivals.com College Baseball Message Board

No comments:

Post a Comment