Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mizzou Baseball in the Minors: Evan Frey

Catching up with Evan Frey (mlbogsreno.wordpress.com)
NJBA: We saw you getting to the park early seemingly every day to work on bunting with manager Brett Butler. How did that extra work improve your game?

EF: Bugsy is a great asset for me for the fact that we are very similar players. I went into a funk there for a little while with bunting and after we got out there and started working on some things I became very comfortable. It is at the point now where I look to bunt every time I step to the plate, looking to get on that way to have the big guys behind me drive me in and get some quick runs.

NJBA: You spent about a month in the Mexican League this winter. Tell us a little bit about that experience, and how it compares with playing in the States?

EF: The Mexican League was quite the experience. The fans are very passionate about their teams there and they expect production. That was my first time playing winter ball, and I really enjoyed playing along side those guys in their homeland. I have a new understanding for how the foreign players feel playing in the United States during our season. I would love to get the chance to play somewhere like that again.
More at http://mlblogsreno.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/catching-up-with-evan-frey/

No comments:

Post a Comment